Following a low carb diet can help you to lose weight more easily. Among other things, it benefits metabolic health and promotes control of a high blood sugar levels.
Adopting a low carb diet is one of the current trends for losing weight in a healthy way. It consists of minimizing foods that contain this nutrient, while opting for sources with minimal contribution, such as fruits and vegetables.
On the other hand, to compensate for this reduction, it is proposed to increase the intake of unsaturated or “good” proteins and fats. Due to their high energy value, these stimulate the functions of metabolism to optimize fat burning.
What stands out in comparison to other diets is that it gives a very complete dietary plan because it only lowers carbohydrates and does not eliminate them completely. What are this diet advantages? How to plan the menu?
Here you can find some of its benefits and simple guidelines that are put into practice. But first, remember that this low carb diet meal plans that are suggested should only be used for 7 days, after this period you should follow a balanced diet.
What Are The Benefits Of A Low Carb Diet?
A low carb diet proposes to limit the consumption of foods like rice, pasta and bread in order to lose weight more easily. It is not a restrictive plan as it includes some sources of complex carbohydrates, proteins and fatty acids.
Carbohydrates are one of the macronutrients that form the basis of the nutritional pyramid. However, when it comes to losing weight, you need to limit your intake and choose the foods that provide them in minimal amounts.
Following a diet with low carb intake also produces other benefits in the body. In fact, it is suggested as a support to reduce cardiovascular risk that often arises due to obesity. Below are other benefits:
- Helps to reduce the feeling of anxiety about food.
- Stabilizes the release of gastric acids.
- Improves liver function.
- Helps to control high blood sugar.
- Reduces the accumulation of fat and stimulates the formation of muscle mass.
Low Carb Diet: Food Allowed And Forbidden
To apply the low carb diet model, it is important to learn to identify which foods are recommended and which foods should be limited. From this, the body will know other sources of energy and, in addition, the menus will be quite varied.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Vegetables and oilseeds
- Lean meats (beef, chicken and fish)
- Low-fat dairy products
- Olive oil
- Healthy seeds (chia, flaxseed, sesame, etc.)
- Condiments and fresh herbs
- Avocado and avocado oil
- Coffee and sugar-free teas
- Sweets and industrialized bakery products
- Refined sugar
- Whole milk and flavoured dairy products
- Fruit in syrup
- Chocolate and Derivatives
- Sweet desserts
- Potatoes and rice
- Soft drinks and sugary drinks
- Pasta and whole grains
- Corn and By-products
7 Days Menu For A Low Carb Diet
The purpose of this 7 days low carb diet is to achieve a reduction in body fat. Through this, you will take an advantage of other macronutrients, such as proteins and fats, that will become the main source of energy. However, it is advisable to moderate the overall calories intake, since excess of calories will prevent you from obtaining good results.
- Breakfast: a glass of skim milk, a cup of chopped strawberries and two boiled eggs.
- Lunch: portion of chicken or fish, tomato sliced with olive oil and portion of vegetables.
- Dinner: green salad with pieces of turkey breast or ham and tea without sugar.
- Breakfast: a sliced grapefruit, a slice of brown bread with peanut butter and coffee without sugar.
- Lunch: portion of grilled steak, mixed salad with tomato, green apple and iced tea.
- Dinner: portion of tuna with cress salad and tea without sugar.
- Breakfast: omelette of an egg with red peppers and onions, one slice of toast and black coffee without sugar.
- Lunch: portion of roasted chicken breast, lettuce and tomato salad, one kiwi and tea without sugar.
- Dinner: spinach and green pepper salad with chunks of cheese and turkey breast.
- Breakfast: strawberry and cranberry jam with coconut milk and one slice of whole grain bread with fresh cheese.
- Lunch: portion of fish with herbs, cherry tomatoes and avocado.
- Dinner: Serving of grilled hamburger, green salad and tea without sugar.
- Breakfast: half a bowl of blackberries, low-fat yogurt and walnuts.
- Lunch: Portion of pork and lettuce, tomato and onion salad.
- Dinner: tuna salad, one slice of brown bread and one tangerine. Tea without sugar.
- Breakfast: one boiled egg, skim milk and a cup of strawberries or blueberries.
- Lunch: mixed salad with vegetables and nuts, a serving of fish and iced tea.
- Dinner: two slices of turkey breast, cucumber dish with lemon and tea without sugar.
- Breakfast: glass of yogurt with almonds and a half cup of blackberries.
- Lunch: portion of salmon, lettuce and cucumber salad, avocado and iced tea.
- Dinner: mixed salad with pieces of turkey, half grapefruit and tea without sugar
Handful of nuts
Tea without sugar
Low fat natural yogurt
Note: this menu is just a template for a low carb diet. Therefore, they can be varied by incorporating other permitted foods. Also, if your goal is to lose weight, it’s best to supplement your meals with a workout routine.
A low carb diet is a simple nutrition model that can bring many benefits. Despite this, it is not advisable to prolong it for a long time, since this macronutrient is one of the main sources of energy of the organism.